Dear Magoffin Countians,
Magoffin County School District is in a fight for your children’s public education! Tomorrow, April 13, Magoffin County Schools has scheduled an early release day allowing teachers, staff, and community members an opportunity to rally in Frankfort in support of the following:
- Student transportation
- Family Resource Center funding
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Robinson Scholarship Program
- Extended School Service (ESS)
- Amount of money district receive per child
- Reading Recovery Program
- Special Needs Services
- Money for textbooks
- Teaching and Learning Materials
- Field Trips
- Preventing class size increase
- Preventing job loss
- Sports- Programs and Transportation
Parents and community members, we appreciate your understanding and support during this critical time in public education. The decision for early release was not made lightly. It was made in an effort to maintain graduation dates, prom, career day and student testing. Thank you for your support once again.
We stand together. WE ARE MAGOFFIN!
We will start loading buses at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018.