SOUTH MAGOFFIN – A home was destroyed by fire on Thursday last week, leaving a family of three without much more than the clothes on their backs.
A couple and their 3-year-old son had been using a borrowed generator during the power outage last week and were returning the generator after the power had been restored when the fire started.
While the family was gone, a family member stopped by to check on the single-wide mobile home, located near the end of the Jake Wireman Fork in Magoffin County, but when they opened the door, the kitchen was engulfed. In minutes, the entire structure was destroyed.
The family told Mortimer Media Group the 3-year-old boy wears 24 months and 2T clothing and size 8 shoes. Kayla Howard wears size 7 in pants, medium shirts and 7 in shoes. Roy Conn wears 30-30 pants, medium shirts and 10 in shoes.
The couple can be reached at 859-397-2419 and 859-551-1578.
The Magoffin County Judge’s office will also be connecting the family with entities for assistance and people can call the judge’s office at 606-349-2313 to help, as well.