FRANKFORT – Governor Andy Beshear announced on January 26 $4.6 million in awards from the Eastern Kentucky SAFE Fund, including funds coming to Magoffin County.
Included in the list to receive SAFE funding are:
• $414, 674 for three projects in Fleming Neon;
• Over $1.1 million to the Knott County Fiscal Court to fund a FEMA match;
• Over $390,000 to Letcher County Water and Sewer District to fund a FEMA match;
• $25,548 to Magoffin County Water District for FEMA project match;
• $300,000 to Mountain Water District to help with strained fiscal liquidity; and
• Just under $159,570 to the City of Whitesburg for three projects.
Since September 2022, Eastern Kentucky has received over $31.2 million in SAFE Fund payments.