Citizens of Magoffin County,
The Water Into Wine Food Pantry would like to take this time to thank the many volunteers who helped make 2020 a record breaking year. The Covid pandemic and the uncertainty in the economy created by the many shutdowns and loss of jobs, created a greater need for Magoffin County residents. The Water Into Wine Food Pantry stepped up to meet the ever changing environment and needs. The Water Into Wine Food Pantry set records for its operations.
• In 2020, Water Into Wine Food Pantry distributed 3,500,000 lbs. of food to Magoffin County. Food obtained for these distributions were from: Christian Appalachian Project, God’s Food Pantry, Servants of Our Lord, and Feed the Children.
• In 2020, Water Into Wine Food Pantry remained in the top of all food pantries in the state of Kentucky in distribution totals.
• The Water Into Wine Food Pantry now averages 789 boxes per month; this is up from the average of 500 boxes in 2019.
• Our new Up-River Outreach (distribution off-site in Southern part of Magoffin County) in mobile distribution has now reached 4,300 individuals.
• The Water Into Wine Food Pantry Serves:
o 15,000 different clients, in 2020
o 2,000 Senior Commodity Boxes
o 4,500 Individuals in Up-River Outreach
TOTAL: 21,000 Clients Served
In addition, the pantry has added an enclosure to the Farmer’s Pavilion area at the pantry, purchased a new fork lift, increased refrigerated items, increased concrete decking and added a new truck loading dock.
Volunteers and Donors:
This would not have been possible without the individuals and organizations who have donated their time and/or money. The pantry has had an average of 1140 opportunities for volunteer service with an average of 34 volunteers working each week. The total volunteer hours are estimated to be 5080. Again, Thank You So Very Much!!!!!