COW CREEK – By the time fire crews arrived to a structure fire on Cow Creek Tuesday, the home was already completely destroyed.
Fire crews were called out to a structure fire at approximately 9 p.m. January 31, but when they arrived, the home was already burned down to the ground.
The homeowner, Henry Alsept, 80 years old, was home when the fire started, but still awake, and was able to get out of the house safely. Neither the house nor any of his possessions were salvageable.
His niece, Donna Alsept, told the SI it was believed to be an electrical fire from an electric space heater. The family and his church, the Cow Creek Church of God, are taking up donations for him, with his clothing sizes as follows: 32×32 in pants, large shirts/coat, size 9 shoes/socks.
People with donations can call Donna Alsept at 606-939-4291, her brother Ernie at 606-495-8116, or Arbadella Reed at 606-349-5871.
Donna said Henry is staying with his sister at the moment and the family is trying to figure out the best options to get him a small home set up in the same location.
“Cow Creek is all he’s ever known as home and he doesn’t want to leave it,” Donna said. “He’s been born and raised there.”
A GoFundMe page set up by Donna Alsept can found at https://gofund.me/45bedf97.