Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Salyersville Independent

Local News

HOUSE FIRE DESTROYS MAGOFFIN HOME

BURNING FORK – A Magoffin County home was destroyed in a house fire Friday night.

Salyersville Fire Department Chief Paul Howard said they received a call around 11 p.m. February 3, reporting a house fire on Bish Patrick Road, off of Burning Fork.

The Jenkins family had left their home when their neighbor reportedly called and told them to come back because their house was on fire.

Howard said they discovered the fire started in the utility room and bounced to the kitchen through the electrical. Crews fought the fire for nearly 3 hours, but the home was total loss from smoke and heat damage.

Salyersville Fire Department responded to the fire, with mutual aid from District 3 Volunteer Fire Department for an additional water tank.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

You May Also Like

Copyright © 2020 Salyersville Independent. All Rights Reserved.